Quality-Management as well as the management of public sector risk shows us to have common goals. Also, these management practices partly focus on similar levels within an organization, e.g., on the level of processes. Both management systems are nowadays more important than ever - when Covid taught the world, that risk must be managed proactively and quality must be ensured, especially in these demanding times. That implies, that quality majorly interconnects with questions of (organizational) risk and vice versa.
With this second session of the PRIMO-KDZ cooperation, we aim at finding ways, methods, and techniques, to stronger connect risk and quality management systems, to enable public sector organizations using one tool to foster the benefits of both worlds in one integrated approach.
Our goal is to commonly source ideas with known experts and practitioners from the field of quality management and risk management.
Aiming towards an integrated framework for quality and risk management for public sector institutions
- 10:00: Welcome to participants; introduction to the Webinar by representatives of KDZ/PRIMO.
- 10:10: setting-the-scene: is risk-management a part of QM or vice versa? Oberascher (KDZ)
- 10:30: Workshop A - Identifying key-aspects of quality- and risk-managements as well as mutual cornerstones of the frameworks - where is the missing link? Moderation: Scholtens (PRIMO)
- 11:10: Coffee break
- 11:20: In-depth look at CAF-ONLINE and FORTE - Possibilities to close the gap using these management tools and how they need evolve. Prorok (KDZ) on CAF-Online, Mallens (PRIMO) on FORTE
- 12:00: Lunch
- 13:00: Workshop B - (Virtual World Café) - based on the key-aspects from Workshop A: How can the identified aspects of quality and risk-management systems be linked to the other system? Moderation: Prorok and Oberascher (KDZ)
- 14:10: Coffee break
- 14:20: Workshop C: Glancing at a new model?! Which key-demands should a new model be covering, by focusing on 3 specified challenges:
- Climate change (30’’) PRIMO
- Energy (30’’) PRIMO
- Pandemic (30’’) KDZ
- 15:50: Conclusions and Summary. KDZ & PRIMO
- 16:00: End of webinar.
- Mag. Harrie Scholtens, Public Governance Expert at PRIMO Europe, former city manager and CEO, External Expert European Institute of Public Administration (EIPA) Maastricht, former city manager and CEO, program leader of the European Public Sector Award, PRIMO Public Risk Management Award winner 2018. Areas of work: city management, quality and risk management, legal management, and jurisdiction.
- Ed Mallens B.Sc., B.Ba., CRM, Public Governance Expert at PRIMO Europe, Program-manager at the Civil Engineers Network of the South-Holland Region as well as Qualitymanager/Riskmanager at the Development-department of the Municipality of Rotterdam (2017). part-time Director of S.EAR BV; founder of The Round Table Cooperation and co-founder of the SVRM Foundation Professionalisation Riskmanagement.
- Mag. Thomas Prorok, Deputy Managing Director KDZ Centre for Public Administration Research. Areas of work: Quality Management - Common Assessment Framework (CAF), Good Governance in Public Sector Organizations, Impact-Oriented Governance, Current Issues of Public Sector Reform.
- Mag. Wolfgang Oberascher, Senior Consultant, Expert on Public Risk-Management. Areas of work: Management Systems for Public Sector organizations with focus on risk- and financial management, Organizational Design, reorganization, and change management in public sector organizations.
Online Training with Zoom, Presentation, Discussion, pre-planned group-works, ad-hoc work on questions of the participants.
September 16th, 2021, 10:00-16:00
Online - in the virtual seminar room.
This webinar, which is conducted online via videoconference, is like an on-site seminar. Your lecturers will present and communicate the content to you in the usual form. You will discuss and interact per video chat or.
Concerning technical equipment, you need:
- Laptop/tablet or a stand computer (incl. camera, microphone and speaker or headset)
- a good internet connection
- an up-to-date internet browser
Your attendance will be free of charge.
September 9th, 2021.
Terms and Conditions & Privacy
Note on data protection: During the organization of a KDZ training, we process personal data from you (name, contact details, organization) and pass it on to the lecturer only for preparation purposes. The provider service "ZOOM" is used for the electronic processing of webinars. By booking the webinar, you agree to pass on your email address for online processing if necessary. Further information can be found in the relevant data protection guidelines (https://zoom.us/de-de/privacy.html). We delete your data as soon as storage is no longer required or legal retention periods have expired. By registering, you accept the general terms and conditions of KDZ training. These can be found on our website.